Sunday, May 01, 2005

It's raining cats...

Cats don't ever seem to look happy. Unlike dogs, they don't have a facial expression that appears happy. I've seen cats look contented and peaceful, annoyed or angry, bored, interested, and even ecstatic--but happy? No, I don't think so.

I've said that I'm holding out for a man who can purr. I wouldn't, however, want a man--or, really, anyone important in my life--who has the personality of a cat. Who would want to live with someone that moody, work that hard to make someone happy--only to have them yawn in your face or stalk away with their tail in the air?

That being said, I think cats are worth every bit of the trouble. A creature that beautiful deserves a certain reverence that we generally accord only to royalty. They say that cats are haughty--and well they should be. The perfection of their faces, the grace of their walk, the incredible acrobatic leaps into the air, the exquisite softness of their fur, the totally inimitable sound of their purr--how can one resist giving a cat the veneration that, really, they deserve?

And when I come in the door and am greeted by that purr, or when she flexes her paws (a sign of contentment left over from kittenhood) just because I come near her while she's lazing in her bed--well, then, I don't care one whit about a cat never looking happy.

1 Comments:

At 9:24 PM, Blogger Kuki said...

I have been reading your Web page! Wonderful job! Kuki

 

Post a Comment

<< Home